"I don't want to work, I just want to record on the computer all day." - BUT I CANT!!

Drsilver420

"I don't want to work, I just want to record on the computer all day." - BUT I CANT!!

What is my problem??? Here it goes. I have Cubase 5.0 VST 32, a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum sound card with more inputs than I know what to do with, a compaq pasario 5500. I am having all kinds of problems.
At first I was just having a problem with echo, so I check out a few posts from here and I "global disable" my monitoring. That should have fixed my problems right? NO, it just made them worse. Now I can not even record a thing. I have no idea where to go next, I have tried and tried to figure out my problems on my own. Now I need help. I have a headache from all of this. :)
All I want to do is record a five peice band. I do not think it should be this hard. What is going on? Should I remove and reinstall Cubase? Someone take me under their wing and help me get this figured out PLEASE. It has to be something simple right? But then again I have a new problem everytime I turn the thing on. I can not shut down my computer now. AAARRRGGGG Please help.

Back