I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto

Robert D

So, I was out in Kansas over the weekend, and the *highlight* of my trip was a visit to the Musicians Friend main distribution center, which has an outlet store in it. Wow, I thought.....this is gonna be a great chance to score some amazing deals on some gear, minor blems, overstocks, etc.
Well, I came up empty. Except for the MXL-990s that were stacked floor to ceiling for $49.00, pretty much everything, and there wasn't all that much everything, was priced at about what I could eventually find it for from my chair at home.
There's no place like home, there's no place like home........

Thanks for the travelogue. I've always been curious about that, and have considered driving the few hours to check it out. Now I think perhaps I'll save the gas...

Too bad.

I stopped once. I got a crybaby for about $50 and a Double Muff for $40-something. The prices were just a little better than normal catalog, which was a good deal on a returned item that wasn't damaged. I didn't like seeing guitars with the headstocks smashed off or four-inch chunks of wood taken out of them that were only 30% off.

Back