I don't know what to call it to get your attention, I really need feedback though :)

TheAquired

Hi everyone
Now I know that the people who respond to these threads most of the time aren't fans of our music, but hopefully its good enough to at least get some feedback :)

We've worked SO hard on this track. Probably about 4 times more effort than has ever been put into one of my recordings before. So please take a listen, you don't even have to download it or go to a separate website. Its right here, in my post.

I would seriously appreciate all your feedback, whether its nitpicks, major problems or things that were actually done well. One of my problems with this track was getting it loud after the mixing. I fear I might have removed just a bit too much of the dynamics of the song, but it was the only way to get it to the volume of other commercial mixes.

Well enough of me trying to convince you to listen to it, here we go

Last edited:
Nice rhythm, voices are good overall. Seems like I am hearing some distortions in the voices, are you peaking anywhere or on the source?. The guitar and the voice probably need to have more up front and in back motion (voice comes in, guitar goes back, voice leaves, guitar comes up (slightly, just to show focus). I did not hear much bass and the drums didn't have much of a presence.

Not sure why the long convincing of trying to get people to listen to the song. Seemed fine to me, if they will listen to my stuff, there would be no issues listening to yours. Good song, good playing, little more from the drums (opinion).

This is just a question, when it is the voice and the guitar, do you think a tapping of something (light cymbal, rim, block) the tempo would work? Real light in the background just to show beat.

Hope this helps.

Lovely song.
I would prefer your voice to be louder then guitars.
Drums could come up more.
The whole track could be brighter sounding too.
(I use UpStereo plugin on stereo output channel to give more air to the sounding)
UpStereo plugin/FREE
UpStereo_1.png

Thanks for the feedback so far guys :) The reason I made a large thing about asking you to listen is cause I've had it before where no one took a listen to our stuff. Maybe it was silly, I'm not sure. Well I've updated my post with the latest version of the song based on your feedback.

I'm quite happy with it. How is the volume of the mix?

This how mastering thing is still way beyond my depth. Thanks TMS, I have ended up using that plugin. It has quite a interesting effect.

@DM60 I've made a few changes I think you'll approve of. I'm not sure about the whole tapping thing in the quiet part, I feel in that instance less is more, thanks for the idea though :)

Let me know what you think everyone!

I hear the kick now, really good. It seems to flow much better, nice bottom, voices seems to be right there. I like it. The other experts might me able to improve it, but I can't, sounds good. I hear some synth I didn't notice before. Good stuff!

Back