I don't know what genere it is? Downbeat electro song

stivens1991

I'm new here so hello everyone!

I'm recording from my home for about 5 years now. I don't have much time recently to do that so during the Christmas break i decided to complete one of my old ideas. Back to these days I was kinda into dupstep music (yeah, yeah I know that this is crap, but hey, everyone listened to it then, so at some point I've just started to check out some songs and...yeah, liked a few of them). After that I realized that I would be great to create some electro genere like dubstep, but with heavy guitar instead of heavy wobbling bass. That didn't go very well, but I think that some of my ideas are kinda cool. It's clearly not "metalstep", as some of people call it, because it not sound like dubstep. But dubstep inspired me in these ideas.

Ok, if you're still reading this - respect.

Now to the song - For the vocals I used some samples from looperman.com (big thanks to Raykoefoed)
For the guitar I used - Epiphone G400 Custom Ivory, Marshall MG100FX, and Fender 120W 4x pack.
Couple of VST plugins for drums, and lead synth.

I have a couple of questions.

Volume - anything is too loud, or too quiet? Cymbals are too loud I guess, but I want to hear your opinions.
Sound - what can I change to make it sound deeper, bigger, and heavier? And of course what I can change to make it sound simply better.
Riffs - Is the song is not boring, is it good, or is it just me that I think it's kinda cool?

Song in the attachment.

And sorry If i misspelled something of used not proper English. I'm from Poland, I'm speaking English a lot, but I'm not writing in English very often so...sorry :)

Attachments

• S.T.I. - Generation of Disorder.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 12
Reminds me of KMFDM and Rammstein. If you have never heard of their music, listen to it. If you can match their guitar sound it would be the icing on cake. Your guitars need to be a little fuller and powerful but thats just my opinion. Great job...sounds like a cool song.

The first thing that struck me was the lack of a low end. Nothing besides a kick.

The guitar could use some more power. It's a bit on the thin and fizzy side. Nice tight doubling.

I might turn down the cymbals. They tend to be a little loud.

Some of the screamo vocals are very soft.

Back