I dont hear anyone talk about Gigastudio around here

anppilot1

Hey guys and gals. I'm not sure if this post really belngs here in this forum but, I just wanted to get y'alls opinions Gigastudio.

I dont hear many people talk about it

What do you think about Gigasampler/Gigastudio?

We (wife and I) built a dedicated Gigastudio computer

Except for the OS, there is nothing else on it.

We use it and love it. All 16 channels are filled up with drum samples. Example

channels

1-4 hi hats = 256 samples (61 samples mapped/Channel)
5-10 snares = 366 samples (61 samples mapped/Channel)
10-14 kicks = 305 samples (61 samples mapped/Channel)
15-16 percussion 122 samples (61 samples mapped/Channel)

What do yall think about this? Its really sweet.

If any of yall have Gigastudio, I can send you the whole performance and samples for the performance.

Mike

Mike,

Any talk of GigaStudio probably deserves to be in the TASCAM Users Forum.

However, having said that, I have GigaSampler LE, and though completely useless to me (it's crippled so I can't record anything while it's running) the samples are simply awesome.

--
BluesMeister

For me, Gigastudio is up there with setting the clock on a VCR. I just couldn't get my head around it.

I like Gigastudio pretty well, but it doesn't agree with my PC so much. When I use it, I get frequent blue screens of death.

I want to get the new MOTU soft-sampler that runs as a plug-in and accepts Giga files. I forget what it's called.

Gigasampler itself is great, not to mention Gigastudio... specialy GS160!!! I'm building new P4 based DAW now, and plan to use my current DAW (PIII866) as stand alone Gigastudio dedicated machine with little upgrade here and there. And I'm glad to hear people liked it :)

;)
Jaymz

Just remember Jaymz, GigaStudio will hog your audio inputs whether it's running or not. At least, this is what GigaSampler did - and I've no reason to believe that GigaStudio is any different. If this isn't the case, please let me know - I wouldn't want to embarrass myself. :)

You must fire up Giga first then your sequencer from inside Giga.

If you install Giga then try to run Sonar independently, you'll get an error message or a crash, or possibly both.

Trust me, you will be better off using VS3 to play those beautiful Giga samples.

The biggest advantage that Giga has is the ability to stream the samples from your hard disk. VS3 can't do this yet. I believe Kontakt CAN disk stream and import Giga samples.

Please get yourself over to nemesis.com and carefully read the GS forums before you jump in the deep end...

Remember the GS mantra: More RAM, more RAM, must have more RAM

--
BluesMeister

Back