i can't record guitar using line 6 xt pod the same time with the other instruments

wildjack54

Hi you all,

I'm having a bit of problem with my recordings, not sure if its related to sound card.
I'm trying to record some guitar bits using line 6 xt pod which plugged into a small Yamaha mixer then that goes into a M-Audio delta 44 sound card and ends up in my windows 7 operated computer.
I got three tracks already recorded with microphone (vocal,bass,drums) ,but when i try to record the guitar just doesn't want stay in time with the other instruments. I noticed that the first and the last note are perfectly on time but between it wont keep up speed wise with the other channels.
I'm using Magix audio studio 2005 deluxe.
Bear in mind that i used to have xp on my pc it all worked absolutely fine then i changed it to win 7 not so long ago so i'm wondering if its the software compatibility?

Any Help is very much appreciated

Thanks David

Not sure what you are saying - "the first and last note are perfectly in time" - you mean the guitar speed on the recording is varying during the middle of the song?
I'd suggest moving up to a real DAW (like Reaper).

Basically yes, the guitar just will not keep up with the speed. its very strange.
Almost like the video card i had about 10 years ago it wasn't big enough to keep up with the latest games.
Thanks

Back