i can't hear the very beginning of the song

UNIQNESS

when i use cubase sx3 and reason 3.0 at the same time using rewire, i can't hear from 1.1.1 to 1.2.1. (instrumental from reason) however, if i play the instrumental in reason, the song plays fine. i assume it must be a setting in cubase. i already checked the starting time under project setup and it's set at 0:00:00. does anyone have any idea what i need to do to fix this?

thanks in advance :)

Did you select the input channels for Cubase in Rewire mode with Reason? You have to connect the outputs from the devices in Reason that you want to mix in cubase to the Reason Hardware Interface. and then select the corresponding channels in the Reason Rewire dialog in Cubase.

I have had this same exact problem before. Is like it takes a second for the two programs to sync up and as a result you lose the first half of a measure in the playback. rather than worry about it or spend to much time and frustration with it i just added two counts of silence to the beginning of the reason track.

Try setting your left locater in Cubase to 5 instead of 1. Then go to Reason, select all, and move all the midi data to start at 5 as well. It's usually not a good idea set the left locaters starting at 1, this is one of the reasons why.

Back