I can't find the little button (thread)

Eric V

Inquiring mind wants to know
Not sure if this will take off at all, maybe like a lead balloon. In Reaper, where is the Keys on the computer (read computer) keyboard that plays back a track or loop?
I keep having to push the little grey arrow in Reaper to make it play back. Is there a key(s) combo on the computer keyboard that plays back the track?

E.g., W on laptop = Rewind (action in Reaper)
Ctrl+Z on laptop = Undo (action in Reaper)
Delete (I think you get the picture....)

etc

Is there one for just god dang PLAY ? Lol

Are there any other tips some shortcuts etc you may know of and would like to share? Thanks in advance for any possible replies.

The space bar is the default key to start/stop playback. When you use the space bar to stop playback, it goes back to wherever the play head was before playback. The enter key does the same, except it advances the play head to wherever you stopped playback.

I tried that, but I wasn't plugged into my interface. Maybe that was why? It would rewind but not go forward hitting the spacebar, I thought I might have broken the software (kidding).

I tried that, but I wasn't plugged into my interface. Maybe that was why? It would rewind but not go forward hitting the spacebar, I thought I might have broken the software (kidding).
Oh, right, I've had that happen before. If it happens again, look in the upper right-hand corner and see if it says "audio device closed". If Reaper can't resolve which audio device you're using, it won't start playback.

If there's an audio device selected, in that same upper right corner you'll see details about the current settings (sample rate, buffer size, channel count, reported latency, etc.). Either way, you can click the text right there as a shortcut to your interface settings, where you can choose which device and drivers you want to use.

Hopefully that'll help you get it un-stuck if it gets stuck again.

Oh, right, I've had that happen before. If it happens again, look in the upper right-hand corner and see if it says "audio device closed". If Reaper can't resolve which audio device you're using, it won't start playback.

If there's an audio device selected, in that same upper right corner you'll see details about the current settings (sample rate, buffer size, channel count, reported latency, etc.). Either way, you can click the text right there as a shortcut to your interface settings, where you can choose which device and drivers you want to use.

Hopefully that'll help you get it un-stuck if it gets stuck again.
I think that is what happened. It will do things like delete, rewind whatever, but not play, and I think Reaper is saying what do you want me to play? lol

Back