I can't find an MR-8 anywhere!!!!

Sarnadle_Vector

Well...... In early February I finally decided between the VF-80 and the MR-8. I placed my order (even though the MR-8 was on back-order) and waited. I then noticed that just about every other online vendor, that carried the MR-8 was on back order as well. This morning I received notice that my MR-8 order was canceled, and that MusiciansFriend.com has again slipped the availability date for the MR-8.

So, I would really like to have the MR-8, but necessity has dealt me the VF-80. I'm just fine with that though. There are many desirable features in the VF-80 that could be considered "better" than the MR-8. The sacrifice is probably ease of use.

Now I just have to figure out what to do w/ the 512MEG CP card that I intended to use w/ the MR-8 (Apacer photo steno pro). If anyone is interested, drop me a line at sarnadle_vector@yahoo.com. I am willing to sell it to a proud MR-8 owner.

-sV

The minor "holy wars" between VF-80 and MR-8 factions pretty much boiled everything down to two points:

1) VF-80 costs more, but you get much better effects and the option of a CD burner.

2) MR-8 suffers from a recording time limitation, but the CF card makes it much easier to move entire songs between the recorder and a computer.

At the end of the day, the relative ease/difficulty of transfering tracks is balanced out by freedom/limitation of the respective media, making it a wash. Both groups of users are happy, which is all the really matters.

What are you asking for the card?

As of a couple of weeks ago, at least two music stores in my area had a few MR-8s still unsold. If you do an internet search for musical instruments Canada you should get a half-dozen hits in major cities here. You can then call or email them. They are about the same price as in the US, taking currency exchange into account. Good luck.

By the way, has anyone heard the rumour that Fostex is going to raise the price of the MR-8 by $50 or so with the next bunch they ship out?

I had not heard that rumor about a possible price increase. But it should be expected with the laws of supply and demand. And right now the demand far exceeds the supply.

Back