I can change, I swear

dobro

Some people believe you can change. Others have their doubts. If, like me, you think some of the mods here need modding, I offer this guided video meditation to help you all deal with the situation better.

Apollo_Creed.jpg

"You can't change what you really are. And you can forget all this money and stuff you got all around you, 'cause it don't change a thing. You and me, we don't even have a choice. See, we're born with a killer instinct that you can't just turn off and on like some radio. We have to be right in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight, then the warrior may as well be dead."

I always thought the last two sentences would be an awesome sound clip to start off an album.

People change, but they're not the agents of that change.

What's the quote from?

" We have to be right in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight, then the warrior may as well be dead."

I always thought the last two sentences would be an awesome sound clip to start off an album.

If you don't do it, contact kcearl. He's good at that sort of thing.

People change, but they're not the agents of that change.

I'm going to have to generally side with Apollo Creed on this one, with a few caveats. People's behavior can change based on consequences they face for their prior beliefs or actions, but who they really are remains the same. If someone actually changes, that means his way of perceiving something has changed. If a guy's way of perceiving something changes, it's because he either has been enlightened to new facts that he hadn't been exposed to or considered before, or because he never really believed what he thought he believed in the first place and was trying to make himself believe for one reason or another. But the guy himself hasn't really changed. He was the same dickhead he was before, he just got some new information.

So don't believe Rocky at the end of the movie when he yells to the Soviet crowd that "everyone can change". I'm sure every single person in that arena went home, drank a fifth of vodka and punched out his wife, as I assume was the Soviet custom.

Last edited:
Some people believe you can change. Others have their doubts. If, like me, you think some of the mods here need modding, I offer this guided video meditation to help you all deal with the situation better.

I've said it many times but posts like this are not the way to make your point.
Usually, they'll get deleted.

If you have a genuine point to make about moderation, I strongly suggest you do so via report, PM, email, or post in the feedback section of the forum.

If your 'complaint' gets deleted from Prime Time, you can't really claim it as backup to your argument....
Follow the procedures.

PS: This is exactly what another regular member here did for months on end.
Constant complaints - Never formal - No one listened.

If your post is a joke, fair play. A wink emoticon wouldn't go a miss.

Love the video. I shared it on my FB page.

Not sure why you feel the mods need modding. I feel we are trying our best to make this place worth being here.

Please message me with any concerns. I will honestly do what I can to make you happy. Well, after I meditate to the video you posted...

I've said it many times but posts like this are not the way to make your point.
Usually, they'll get deleted.

If you have a genuine point to make about moderation, I strongly suggest you do so via report, PM, email, or post in the feedback section of the forum.

If your 'complaint' gets deleted from Prime Time, you can't really claim it as backup to your argument....
Follow the procedures.

PS: This is exactly what another regular member here did for months on end.
Constant complaints - Never formal - No one listened.

If your post is a joke, fair play. A wink emoticon wouldn't go a miss.

It's both a complaint about modding and a joke. (Why not treat it with a light touch?) On one occasion I contacted Moose about the modding, and he acknowledged it. On another occasion I complained about the modding in the Feedback Forum, and there was an apology. So, yes, there are channels and yes I've used them. But while I wait to see if it does much good, why not post something here in this forum where there's been a discussion about someone getting lifetime banned and then almost instantly reinstated? It's timely and topical, and this is where people hang out and chat about stuff. But move the thread to the Feedback Forum if you think it belongs there.

But here's some fine-tuning, so that you know exactly what I'm on about. I find some mods arbitrary sometimes. Some mods. Sometimes. It's the arbitrariness that I see that I'm complaining about. Riding herd on this mob is not an easy job, and you need a balanced skill set to pull it off.

Back