I bought Pro Tools M-Powered..with no ilok on ebay..

StudioMxpx

i bought this on ebay..but the guy says his ilok broke on him and he says the software is unregisterd..so would i need to buy a ilok or would any M-audio interface work with it?

Well if the license for M-Powered was on the iLok that broke, there's no possible way of getting it back.

I'd say you've been ripped off.

very much agree with pezking...

to my knowledge, the software is of zero value without authorisation,,,

in fact,,can't you download it for free from digidesign?

You could download it from the website for previous versions, but I'm not sure you can download it anymore for version 8. If you're a registered owner, you can download it, and anything else you're the registered owner of, from your My Digi page.

great looks like i got riped

well im going to contact m-audio and see what i can do..im really pissed about this right now.

I wouldn't bother contacting M-Audio or Digidesign, they will tell you what I have.

You NEED that license to run the software. The only thing you can do is buy the software on the Digistore.

I'd recommend speaking to your eBay seller and get a refund. If you paid by Paypal then make a dispute through them.

I remember reading once on the digi site that they only support software purchased from authorized dealers and that they had no authorized dealers on ebay.

i doubt you will have any means of comeback through ebay, but stil,,,scrutinise the listing...

if it leads you to believe that you should be getting the full package,,then afterwards he said the iolok broke,,then you'll have grounds for refund,,,but

if it says,,,,protools mpowered with no ilok auth as it's broken.....then you've just made a mistake, and i'm sorry for ya.....

either way,,,play it cool and talk to the guy (don't go off at him) cos you never know,unlikely as it is,,,it could be a misunderstanding??

the whole ilok ownership/license transfer thing is funny anyway,,,,,i don't remember the details intimately, but i bought waves platinum second hand,,and after all the fees and weeks of hassle, it would have been cheaper to get buy new from waves!!!!

Just in direct response to the previous post, I think that Pace charge a standard fee of $20 for each license transfer.

Back