I bought KRK ST8's. I like 'em.

Hethaerto

Hi everyone. I bought some KRK ST8's, and even though I have no real understanding of how a "flat" monitor sounds, I'm thinking that these monitors sound "flat". The highs are a little dull to my ears off axis, but when sitting at the mixing position, I can hear everything just fine. I've been using Alesis Monitor One's for two years now, and finally I understand why everyone says Mon One's suck. As reference speakers, they suck, as hi-fi drivers for my home stereo, I think they sound good.
I bought the KRK's from 8th Street for $250 with free shipping.
I'm happy with my new monitors.
Allen

Yo H. in California:

I think Blue Bear approves of the KRK's too. I spent some time checking prices on the sT8's and you got them for what most are selling them for: around 124 dollars for each one.

I also got rid of my Alesis I monitors a while back and have been using the Yorkville passives. They work pretty well for the $$ involved -- hoping the KRK's are better? But, I found most stores don't have them yet -- April is the delivery date for several vendors.

I also sent a post to the KRK management to let them know of the grammar errors in their advertisement in the last issue of EM. I offered my proof-reading services for a set of the monitors for one year for their future ads. [That was my old full time gig.]

Haven't heard from them yet and don't expect to. Hope others have sent in criticisms of their lack of language skills or whoever proofed the ad at EM. Ahh, the teacher in me just won't retire.

Congrats on your 8s.

Green Hornet

:D :p :p :cool:

Diddo on the ADAMs Blue Bear, I just finished mixing a record on the 2.5's? I believe, I can't remember, I don't own them so I guess I don't have to know the name... but yeah, highly impressed, I'm saving up some cash for the P22A's.

Later,
musik

Back