I am trying to give away my equipment but....

Clam Soup

Project 49
I gave my sound equipment to my former drummer - no longer have the PC I was using, and he is having difficulty installing the software (cubase) onto his system because of my previous registry.... does anyone know how to get around this?

There should be no registry problems with Cubase unless you're installing a crack, in which case there could be numerous problems. Cubase works on the eLicenser system so if it's the same license, it should be stored on the dongle that came with your Cubase purchase and should be seen by the installation, provided its valid.

Is this a fresh install attempt onto another computer (your drummers' system)? If so, how would the registry know that Cubase was installed on another system? Short answer is, it can't.

I'm baffled. Please give us more info.

Cheers :)

Unless it was Cubase LE, which would give a new soft-elicense number on a different computer, that would require download of a new activation code from Steiny. That is as easy as entering mysteinberg, and requesting a new code. Well, if you actually registered to begin with. Otherwise, just having the LE disc, and registering a new account should work just fine.

If a full version of C4,5 or 6, and no dongle, well, there will be not much help from here, nor Steinberg.

Back