Humidity: Does it affects sound really bad?

Beathoven

Hi all!

Here's my problem:

I recorded a verse the other day and now I gotta record the other verse... My problem is the following: When I listen to the takes acapella, I have the feeling it wasn't even recorded on the same mic!!! I didn't change any compressor/preamp settings... It's the same setup no difference... So I'm wondering if humidity play a role in the sound difference... Where I live, we have some drastic temperature changes these days...

Peace,
Beathoven

Beathoven said:
Hi all!

Here's my problem:

I recorded a verse the other day and now I gotta record the other verse... My problem is the following: When I listen to the takes acapella, I have the feeling it wasn't even recorded on the same mic!!! I didn't change any compressor/preamp settings... It's the same setup no difference... So I'm wondering if humidity play a role in the sound difference... Where I live, we have some drastic temperature changes these days...

Peace,
Beathoven

The answer is....... Yes.

Drastic changes in temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure will affect your mic... and that is one reason why it's best to try and keep your studio environment as consent as possible.

Back