Huge brain freeze.......

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I am new to pro tools, switched over about 4 months ago! I am just now starting to record more and more music. Now I have a problem!

Sometimes when I start a session, I can hear the instr or vocals thru my mbox 2, the track is armed, but it's not recording and the meter does not budge on the mixer or the track.

Sometimes i will open a session that I had previously recorded vocals on, and when I go back the next day to add more vocals and keys etc....Again, I can hear everything fine thru the monitors via the Mbox, I arm the track and nothing records. There isn't a wave pattern, just a straight line.....

I am thinking I am missing something in my setup, because it is hit or miss, but I can never figure out what I am not doing properly!!!

I record to my external via firewire, the I/O is correct and I have even switched from Input 1 to input 2 with the same results.....

Please smack me upside the head if I am overlooking the obvious and thx in advance!!!

Can you show me a screenshot of a channel strip you're having this problem on, and also of your i/o setup?

That would help no end. Unless you've got an i/o problem, or a routing problem, I can't see what would cause this.

It may just be my MAC. I noticed that everytime this happens, i need to unplug the usb from the Mbox and plug it back in. Then everything is fine. But I can't understand why this happens. The signal plays through the Mbox just fine, but Pro tools just is not picking it up unless I unplug/reset the Mbox. Is that a glitch or something that can be fixed? Anyone else ever experience this?

Thx again!

Back