HPD Productions

Is that link working for anyone? I had to copy and paste it, and then it worked!

Next bugbear, it's rap, and it sounds perfectly good to me, but I am no expert on rap and would really like it if rapper's came here and posted on each others work, so I could get a better insight. But I don't see that much. Then I notice this is your first post, so I wonder why you haven't come here before and posted your opinion of other rappers, so I could get some insight into the art of rap...

would really like it if rapper's came here and posted on each others work, so I could get a better insight. But I don't see that much.

Most likely spam. Just trying to get clicks/plays.
This is the problem, unfortunately. Unlike most rockers, I actually like and appreciate a lot of rap. Maybe it's because I'm a drummer, maybe it's because I always liked James Brown, Prince, and other bands that were based on being rythmic. I don't know what, but I dig the rythm and flow of a great rapper. So what I'm about to say isn't about hating rap at all.

Having said that, the hip-hop "community" (hahaha) is the biggest non-community I've ever seen. It's all about the OPPOSITE of supporting each other, and it's all about everyone pounding their own chest, claiming they're the greatest and screaming "LOOK AT ME!". If you don't beleive me, go to the Hip-hop forum on this site and look at the responses, or lack thereof, for anyone posting their latest "Killer Beats". You'll see that every thread has 0,0,0,2,0,0,1,0,0,0 responses. Nobody listens, supports, or cares about what anyone else is doing. It's just a big spam-fest. The only threads that have more than 5 responses have nothing to do with anyone's music. Those threads are people asking what DAW they should use, etc....Anything music-related has less than 3 responses all the way down the page.

My point is, don't expect rappers to come in here or the hip-hop forum and actually show support for each other. Shoot each other, maybe. But listen to each other? Don't hold your breath.

This is the problem, unfortunately. Unlike most rockers, I actually like and appreciate a lot of rap. Maybe it's because I'm a drummer, maybe it's because I always liked James Brown, Prince, and other bands that were based on being rythmic. I don't know what, but I dig the rythm and flow of a great rapper. So what I'm about to say isn't about hating rap at all.

Having said that, the hip-hop "community" (hahaha) is the biggest non-community I've ever seen. It's all about the OPPOSITE of supporting each other, and it's all about everyone pounding their own chest, claiming they're the greatest and screaming "LOOK AT ME!". If you don't beleive me, go to the Hip-hop forum on this site and look at the responses, or lack thereof, for anyone posting their latest "Killer Beats". You'll see that every thread has 0,0,0,2,0,0,1,0,0,0 responses. Nobody listens, supports, or cares about what anyone else is doing. It's just a big spam-fest. The only threads that have more than 5 responses have nothing to do with anyone's music. Those threads are people asking what DAW they should use, etc....Anything music-related has less than 3 responses all the way down the page.

My point is, don't expect rappers to come in here or the hip-hop forum and actually show support for each other. Shoot each other, maybe. But listen to each other? Don't hold your breath.

Thank you RAMI, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me :)

I probably shouldn't be bumping this but I will anyway....

Just need to say that I REST MY CASE. This is exactly what I was talking about. OP just came by to drop a track and get some hits. He hasn't even been back, just like I predicted he wouldn't. These people really like drive by's it seems. :D

He didn't even come back to tell me to fuck off. He probably doesn't even remember that he posted here. My post above is so accurate, it scares me. :eek:

You could say the same for the PureMix Contest posters as well. I'm willing to bet not 1% of them will ever return after they've spammed the forum, for 10 posts, just to post a mix.

These guys skewer the whole rap thing beautifully:

That's brilliant!

You could say the same for the PureMix Contest posters as well. I'm willing to bet not 1% of them will ever return after they've spammed the forum, for 10 posts, just to post a mix.

Yeah, I kept noticing that the "Mix This" section has a new post every 5 minutes, but didn't bother going to check what the hell was going on in there. So that's it, huh? Pretty funny.

Back