HP laptop and MOTU Ultralite

amt7565

Anyone is using this combination? I am not going to get a Dell laptop because their firewire ports seems to have a bug, so I am looking at the AMD Turion 64x2 based processors on the HP.
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks.

I just picked up a MOTU 828MKII two days ago, and am using it with my HP laptop with no obvious problems. I know you asked about the Ultralite, but I'm sure they're pretty similar in terms of the FW funtionality.

At first I had it plugged into my PCMCIA firewire card because I didn't know what chipset it was. That caused lots and lots of trouble. I've since plugged it into the onboard FW port and all is well. FYI, I have an HP nx6125 with a single Turion64 ML-40 processor. Hope this helps!

Ah great! Thanks.
So, that basically proves that the HP laptops with AMD processors are fine. By the way did you use PCMCIA or Express card (the new version of PCMCIA) ?

Thanks.

I avoid getting a HP laptop, because of their FireWire ports, it seems that there is an error, so I AMD Turion 64X2 processor-based HP to find. MOTU require you to use Texas Instruments or Lucent Firewire chipset.

Back