HP DV6 laptop for recording?

Reggie49

G'Day All,
Has anyone had any success with using Reaper on the HP DV6 laptop, using an Audio interface box via the onboard firewire port?

I'm not expecting professional quality from this setup, but don't want to get stuck with something that does a nice job of recording crackles and distortion due to dropout either.

Any takers?

Cheers

Ron

i think there is no reason why this setup should'nt work.
only thing is that from my experience hp pavilion series are quite noisy

G'Day All,
Has anyone had any success with using Reaper on the HP DV6 laptop, using an Audio interface box via the onboard firewire port?

I'm not expecting professional quality from this setup, but don't want to get stuck with something that does a nice job of recording crackles and distortion due to dropout either.

Any takers?

Cheers

Ron

I've run Reaper on a netbook. It worked just fine. The HP shouldn't have any probs at all. Reaper has a very small CPU footprint...very cool little DAW program.

Well after going through your posts I have understood yours all experience now I also want to say something that HP DV6 laptop for recording is good for using.I really like it as it is easy & compatible device.The HP has no probs at all.

Back