How's the mix?

Sounds good and the organ is cool. But I reckon the choruses need to kick the vocals up a notch; perhaps a bit more aggression or something. Maybe some more instrumentation would achieve the same thing... but at the moment it's like the vocals stay the same where they should really be bigger or have more impact.

Just my 2 cents though.

I'd say that you might want to nudge the string samples forward a bit. Being that strings have a slow attack, it makes them sound like they're lagging a little.

I agree with the string comments. They also have a lot of verb on them. Personally I would dry them up a bit, it depends what your aiming for.

I agree with the string comments. They also have a lot of verb on them. Personally I would dry them up a bit, it depends what your aiming for.

sounds good.. I'd maybe add the strings again an octave up and back in the mix just to bring them through a touch more and as mentioned.. quicker attack maybe? Love the organ..

If you bring the intro down a bit it will really make the main song POP in, instead of fading as it seems to be now. It's this huge full body intro and then a sparse loop and vocal, just can't compete.

I think I'm basically saying the same overall thing everyone else is saying, you need more dynamics in your mix.

If you bring the intro down a bit it will really make the main song POP in, instead of fading as it seems to be now. It's this huge full body intro and then a sparse loop and vocal, just can't compete.

I think I'm basically saying the same overall thing everyone else is saying, you need more dynamics in your mix.

I agree with this.

Having said that, this is some good shit.

Yea idk what i was thinking with that intro cuz i really don't like that part, I got a new vst instrument and was messing with sounds and was playing some dark stuff ( a wise man once told me to record everything you play no matter what) but i just kept that for the intro and threw a drum roll and cymbal roll in there for a transition, you guys are right it don't fit so i'm working on that but unfortunately intro's are my worst aspect of beats haha

Ah, nothing like offering support for someone who's trying to impress someone else somewhere else.
The sub bass needs a little definition.
The synth patch sounds like it's from a $50 Casio & is over empoyed as punctuation - at least it gets quieter over time - oops, no it doesn't. you need something else to combat the familiarity that the one trick brings.
The organ is a nice sample & is used nicely.
"...wont do much with that rusty knife." is a bit of a dud line.
Interesting narrative, I kept listening for the resolution.

+1 on that. although, he didn't specify whether its a member from another forum, or another HR forum member. I assumed the latter.

thanks rayc thanks corban, yea he is an hr member his name is billybo

i appreciate all the help guys i'm gonna get to work on fixing this

Back