How's the mix?

Everytime?
Is the warble in the held notes of the 1st verse deliberate?
It soounded OK initially but came off drunken as it was repeated.
There's a sense of Tom Waites in this piece.
I really like the tone of your voice but... the above bit really.
the backing is very good needs a bit more panning though.The sizzzling keyboard sound might need a bit of EQ ing - it was getting a bit Enya & then a little irritating as there was no variation to it.
The end panning was too brief to enjoy.
PLEASE consider redoing the vocal & actually hold some of the notes. I'm not accusing you of going Mariah Carey on them but ...

MonkeyShock said:
Just wanted a little feedback. I haven't posted in a while.
A short piece to get me back into the flow...the tune is "Everyday".
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=565944
Thanks peoples! :rolleyes:

The vocals are very warbled as rayc mentioned.

Is the tune called "Everday" or "Everytime"???

I can't get passed how far back and distant the vocals sound, maybe bring them forward and remove the effect from the vocals, I can't really tell what it is!!??
The high hats are very bright, not a bad thing but a little over powering in the whole context of the other instruments.

Thanx for sharing with us!

Glad to hear you are back in the swing of things Monkey Shock!

I liked the panning at the very end!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know you coulda flat out trashed it. The synth sweep is overdone. I did listen to "Everyday" on 2 systems and thought the vox were out front enough. I'll have to try harder. It sucks when you really can't sing and have to put your tunes in the "Avante garde" section hoping it will be accepted as intentional, but Tom Waits? How cool is that?
Anyway, I'll work at it....on my weekends off from rehab...I'm serious! :eek:
Cheers! J.R.
:)

MonkeyShock said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I know you coulda flat out trashed it. The synth sweep is overdone. I did listen to "Everyday" on 2 systems and thought the vox were out front enough. I'll have to try harder. It sucks when you really can't sing and have to put your tunes in the "Avante garde" section hoping it will be accepted as intentional, but Tom Waits? How cool is that?
Anyway, I'll work at it....on my weekends off from rehab...I'm serious! :eek:
Cheers! J.R.
:)

Glad to hear once again that you are back into recording!!!...Keep it up!! :) :)

Gorty

Back