How's my site?

gordone

Hello All! I finally got up off my behind and put together a little site on my music. I went with the free 1and1.com deal in January and I've been happy with the hosting so far. The graphics were done in Macromedia Fireworks, and the layout done in Frontpage (I've since moved to Dreamweaver). Feel free to comment on anything (the music clips, lyrics, graphics, text, etc) Thanks!

hey! We're the same age!

few nitpick things.

the rollover image for "Pictures" shifts left a bit when you mouse over it. Might want to fix that.

The top studio picture is also horribly distorted on my monitor.

The bottom ones are great, but that top one has gotta go.

PS- I'm also a fan of Jewish music, though I just dabble. I did a tab for the violin intro to Fiddler, if you're interested. I also recently recorded a folky acoustic arrangement of it for my solo album. :)

What songs do you do?

Thanks for checking out the site. The Studio picture is supposed to be distorted (I was going for artistic, I guess I failed :) )

I'm a big fan of the Debbie Friedman/Doug Cotler/Steve Dropkin/Jeff Klepper genre of music. I was a songleader at a Reform Movement camp for a few years while in College. I was also very involved in the NFTY movement back in High School. Now I do music in Hebrew School (Holiday songs, Hinei Ma Tov, and the like) and for Shabbat Services.

Thanks for the Fiddler tab, I'll check it out tonight. Have you heard Dave Grisman's Songs of Our Fathers? It's with Andy Statman on Clarinent. Really cool arrangements of traditional Jewish/Yiddish melodies

gordone said:
Thanks for checking out the site. The Studio picture is supposed to be distorted (I was going for artistic, I guess I failed :) )

yeah, I didn't like the photo. Also, I would maybe make thumbnails of the lower pics w/ links to the bigger pics. It makes the overall site more symmetrical and the different sizes of the pics less noticeable.

gordone said:
I'm a big fan of the Debbie Friedman/Doug Cotler/Steve Dropkin/Jeff Klepper genre of music. I was a songleader at a Reform Movement camp for a few years while in College. I was also very involved in the NFTY movement back in High School. Now I do music in Hebrew School (Holiday songs, Hinei Ma Tov, and the like) and for Shabbat Services.

I'll keep an eye out for the artists you mentioned. You didn't say where you went to school.

gordone said:
Thanks for the Fiddler tab, I'll check it out tonight. Have you heard Dave Grisman's Songs of Our Fathers? It's with Andy Statman on Clarinent. Really cool arrangements of traditional Jewish/Yiddish melodies

I'm definitely excited about the Grisman disc. He's an amazing player. I'd love to get some mando on my recordings. Would you be interested in collaborating online on some instrumentals? I do acoustic guitar and lead work. I saw you've got a nice collection of acoustics yourself.

lemme know and maybe we can record something together.

Miles

Back