How's My Mix?

Raw-Tracks

Looking for some opinions on this mix. I'd be curious to hear first impressions. I've been into this project pretty deep lately and could use some "outside ears".

I recorded drums on this one, the band did overdubs themselves, and I'm mixing.

Raw-Tracks said:
Looking for some opinions on this mix. I'd be curious to hear first impressions. I've been into this project pretty deep lately and could use some "outside ears".

I recorded drums on this one, the band did overdubs themselves, and I'm mixing.

Sounds good, I Like the song, seeing as you recorded the drums I would have thought they would have been more prominent, If it were me i would bring them up a little more, for this song they are the engine that keeps it going, give the snare a little more snap, cymbal sound fine.

Hey is that a madison area band?

PS. Could use some work on the backing vox too, make them "shine" a little more.

Ok! Here's my opinion:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... That sounds GOOD!!

I have to keep my speakers low as its late, but tomorrow I'll turn it up and really listen. I like what I hear!

Nice work already.
Just had a quick listen through my pc speakers, so perhaps not the best system to make decisions on, but my first impressions are:

- I like the sound of the drums, especially how the snare sounds, but I would put its volume a little tienie-weenie bit higher during the louder parts.

- make the backing vocals a little more prominent in the chorusses

- fade out before the "fumbling" of bass & guitars in the end

That's my 2 cents. Good luck!

Greetz,
The Niz

Drums need to be less roomy IMO, more direct mics.

Also the dirty guitars are a litle hollowish, like they might benefit from some added 1-2k and some reverse compression (expansion)

-Finster

just what's been said
maybe come up with the drums a little. i really like the room sound on the kit but.... it could probably come down a little.
with finster on the gits. maybe missing some low mid also?
just a little sibilant
i might bring the acu git up a touch.

dam good job though.

My humble opinion on the mix only, as that is what you are inquiring about...I would use a little stronger limiting on the vocals, as there are some peaks that could be smoothed and really stand out as is. Initially other than that, it sounded fluid.

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the feedback. I will be pulling the file soon, I don't want to keep it available for long. So, it anyone else wants to jump in, I'll be pulling it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Are you selling the tracks to this one? It'd be a fun one to mix (always nice when you like the song)

I've taken the file down now. Thanks to all who replied.

I was thinking I could edit the original post, but it looks like you can only edit within a certain time after the post. I thouhgt we had more time, guess not.

Back