Hows my Mastering?

I used ozone 4
I could've actually told you that.

1) No one can tell you how your mastering is without hearing the original mix first.

THAT SAID -

2) Ozone is literally the only plug I know that can mess up the low end in such a fashion. You've got major (major) phase issues in frequencies where you should never, ever have phase issues. Ozone (at least versions 4 and under) actually allows ("allows" isn't the right word -- They actually build it into a bunch of their presets for some incredibly mysterious reason) Haas filters on the low end.

Hass filters --- on the low end.

I've been an audio engineer for nearly 30 years, mastering for around 17 of those and let me tell you how many times it's even occurred to me to even possibly imagine putting a Haas filter on low end content:

Zero.

I mean none. I can't even comprehend a situation where it would be a decent idea.

This sounds like it has several -- Including the low end.

It sounds like even the vocals are shifted in an odd manner -- (a moment passes) -- Confirmed - Throw the mix in mono and the vocals are just short of completely gone.

I'm not sure even Ozone can do that without some serious effort, so I'm assuming it's a mix problem -- But again -- No one can really tell without actually hearing the original mix.

[EDIT]

Off the record, I've discussed some issues with Izotope development and from what I understand they've left the Haas filters below a certain frequency range OUT of their presets and somehow made the controls for such an amazingly freakish thing less "out front" on the newer version (5). I've not confirmed it, but if it's true, it's a glorious thing. Ozone isn't exactly "evil" on its own - but I've never seen a plug that can inflict that much damage with a single click...

You'd need to set that to download for anyone to get an accurate view of it beyond the obvious stuff. Soundcloud uses 128kp on streaming.

I'm no ME either, vocals do seem odd even in stereo. Not sure if that's for effect or what not...

Unless the OP responds, I guess we'll never know.

Back