How to use soundforge proccessing with acid

earwhig

I am using sound forge 4.5 and acid music 3.0. When I go to send a track into s.f. for proccessing I have to save it when I go back into acid. If I fuck up I can't change the track back to it's olriginal form. For example, I send a bassline into s.f. for some compression, save it, and hear the poorly compressed line with the other tracks. I want to change it back and can't.
Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to play all of my acid tracks in s.f. and only edit one of them?

What you're doing is called destructive editing. When you process a file and save it, it deletes the undo list for that file.
There are two things I would suggest.

First, try using the effects within ACID. You can set up effects on individual tracks, or have an effect in the main bus that you send feeds to from tracks. In fact, I'm pretty sure that when you create a new track, it has effects already set up to use like eq and compression. This is a non-destructive process - that is, the original file is not being altered in any way.

If you don't like doing it that way, try this. When you import your file to Sound Forge, save it as a different file and process that one. You'll need to import the new file into ACID. Then you can always go back to the original if you don't like what you've done and try it again.

Last edited:
MadAudio said:
If you don't like doing it that way, try this. When you import your file to Sound Forge, save it as a different file and process that one. You'll need to import the new file into ACID. Then you can always go back to the original if you don't like what you've done and try it again.

Funny enought i started to do this a few weeks ago, take a little more time but is quite worth it.

Back