How to use adat (behringer ultragain 8)

tojo

i found a used behringer ultragain 8 on kijiji. If i'm not mistaken they have adat cables right? Which are used to transfer signals to other devices that can take adat cables. So if i bought it (it's only $50!) how would I hook it up to something like the motu 8 pre?

Also with the behringer ada 8000, can anyone suggest a interface thats purpose is to take adat input so I can get it for cheap? Or at least a cheap decent interface that has adat connectivity (so that I can get 8 channells for a very cheap price!)

Last edited:
It's just an optical cable. Out of the ADA8k to the in of the 8pre. Your DAW should recognize it as 8pre channels 9-16.

thanks, now i need to know a cheap mac interface i can buy to use with the behringer ada.

anybody?

i'll checkk it out. thanks.

what i'm really looking for is something that just makes adat become firewire (somehow). because I can get a really cheap behringer ada8000 that has adat connects. Which if I could get it into a firewire or usb interface with adat as well I could record 8 tracks at once Right? THis way I don't need to but a motu 8pre (and don't get me wrong, I would rather have one of those but thats $500+). So in general I'm looking for a cheap way to end up using the behringer kinda like an audio interface except it needs to get to a firewire/usb interface that can take adat to get my mac..

any opinions on this... will it work, quality issues? etc.

thanks

You're not going to find an ADAT to firewire converter in the same price range as your $50 ada8000. I just did a quick look around and it's even difficult to find the Alesis io/14 these days. The reason I got it was that at $200 it was the least expensive ADAT expandable interface I could find. The next least expensive seems to go for $299 new (M audio makes it, the 1814?). Good luck in your search, but I don't think you are going to find anything for much less than $299 unless it's used,

juan162

Back