How to tune a Farfisa Bravo

mrclay

I've got a Farfisa Bravo (web pic) and would love to know how in the hell to tune this thing as it is quite in-the-cracks. I've looked all over it for a screw and took the cover off and didn't see anything obviously adjustable inside. Any ideas?

I'm getting the impression any fiddling with these things requires replacing transistors/diodes/etc.

Steve

P.S. I haven't posted on this board for years due to the old we-assign-you-a-password-and-you-try-to-remember-it policy. Glad to be back!

I have a hunch that most bands/combos/ensembles that use ye olde Farfisa usually tune the other instruments to it, rather than the reverse.

Other than that, can't offer you much...

ssscientist said:
I have a hunch that most bands/combos/ensembles that use ye olde Farfisa usually tune the other instruments to it

Yeah, for recording it can be done. Make a mix, slow/speed up mix to match farfisa, record farfisa, adjust speed of farfisa track reverse amount, insert back into multitrack. Sounds fine, but time-consuming.

Steve

ssscientist said:
I have a hunch that most bands/combos/ensembles that use ye olde Farfisa usually tune the other instruments to it, rather than the reverse.

That would depend on the organ in question. I know for a fact that many combo organs *can* be tuned. (There's definitely info at Combo Organ Heaven.) This is their tuning link.

I briefly owned a Bravo, but didn't like the sound all that much. I have tons more combo organs and I prefer the other Farfisas. (Combo Compact, Farfisa FAST series, Compact Deluxe, Professional Duo, etc.) But my current favorite combo organs are the Yamaha YC series. Besides having great sounds, they actually have a tuning knob. Of course, that assumes all the notes are in tune with each other. (Remember, on combo organs, different notes can go out of tune, sort of like a guitar's A string going out of tune, but the rest staying in. It's just harder to handle on a combo organ.)

Back