how to synchronize Roland Fantom X with Pro Tools Le 7.3

keyboardkenny

I am a new member to this forum, I've been every where on the computer looking for information on helping me with one of the biggest problems I've ever faced that has been baffling me for a year now. I'm having complications on recording my audio tracks one by one using Pro Tools, It's not syncronizing with each other. Can anyone help me and let me know what settings I need my Pro Tools and My Fantom X6 set to so I can make this work out, Thanks a million if you can

I'm honestly not sure about the specifics directly relating to your board and with Pro Tools, but I actually do this all the time with a Motif and Cubase. Here's the basic idea of what I have to do.

On the keyboard, I adjust the midi settings to act as a slave through MTC (midi time code)... you can also specify an offset so that it will sync up correctly with your counter in Pro Tools. For example, if you want the beginning of the song to start after a 3 second lead in, you would set 3 seconds as the offset. If it's set up correctly, it will probably disable the play button on the keyboard, but don't worry about that... Pro Tools will act as the controller and will start the keyboard in the appropriate time in the song.

On the computer side, you will need to set up Pro Tools to transmit MTC through the appropriate MIDI output, and if all goes well, you should be able to control when you board starts and stops through Pro Tools.

Also check to make sure that Pro Tools isn't trying to send any other information to the board through MIDI as well. In my setup, I had issues sending MTC and MMC through the same connection, but when I disabled MMC, things worked much better.

Good luck! Hope this helps some! :)

As I said before, I don't have the exact specifics, but that should give you a general idea of how to set it up to help get your tracks lined up.

Back