How to setup & move sonar to my 2nd hard drive.

stingray

hi,
I wanted to know the steps to moving my sonar audio tracks to my new hard drive.I orginally tried to cut and paste c/cakewalk projects to my new hard drive.when i tried to open a project,it could not locate wave data directory.If you could give me some basic instructions to setting up or moving to a 2nd hard drive using sonar i'd be back in business.

thanks

The simplest way might be to simply open the file and then save it as a bundle file on the new drive. After that go back and delete the project file, and run the Clean Audio tool. You can then open the bundle file from the new drive. At that point you should be able to resave it as a project file if you want.

Assuming you have set the global options properly, it should write the audio to the new drive correctly.

stingray said:
I wanted to know the steps to moving my sonar audio tracks to my new hard drive.I orginally tried to cut and paste c/cakewalk projects to my new hard drive.when i tried to open a project,it could not locate wave data directory.If you could give me some basic instructions to setting up or moving to a 2nd hard drive using sonar i'd be back in business.

I've had not problem cutting and pasting my data... but that is because I save each project in it's own folder instead of just dumping all data to one directory.. I'm at work and can't remember when the options are.. I think it is under option -> global.. there is a check box to save all project data in it's own directory... which is something you might want to look into. In saying that, I would recommend saving the files as bundle before you start to copy data across... just to keep things neat, then change that setting so it will be easier to do that in the future.

Porter

Just a little tip:

If you're using Sonar 2 and it's beautiful Folder-per-project option, this will not be a problem because the audio moves with the project file (if you have them in a folder, that is). Folder-per-project is just so much easier than Bundles... ;)

Back