How to restore a floppy disk?

webstop

A floppy disk with important information suddenly became being seen as unformatted. I don't think that it was accidentally demagnitized, most likely its FAT is corrupted, or something like that.
How can I restore data from this disk? Norton Disk Doctor?
Thanks.

-Big change all data is lost, but...every i have had bad floppy's (might be different tho) that i de fragmented and which sometimes gave me back some of the data.
-Maybe it's a little piece of dust, open the lid and try to do a short and hard blow inside, make sure u don't spitt tho

I hope this gets you back some of the data.

You can try running a chkdsk or scandisk on it. Also try the disk in several different floppy drives if you have access to more.

There is a very good chance that you're SOL. Floppies have gotten so bad that I just tell people not to use them anymore unless absolutely necessary. In fact, after I use one once I often just toss it :(

Oh, and you could try ontrack's Easy Recovery 6...I've used it to restore from hard drives with great success...never used it with a floppy though.

Slackmaster 2000

For anyone interested, the problem was fixed by my friend with the help of BadCopy Pro.
At first the program reported the diskette to be severely damaged and refused to restore it. But than it scaned it for files and recovered each and every one of them. Nothing was lost.
So, I had all files back even before finishing a cup of coffee .
BadCopy Pro rulez!

excellent~!

well i'm happy to hear that..but from now on make sure you always have another copy on your HD/CD/Zip...etc. I totally agree with the above statement that floppies are unreliable at best :)

dlv

I certainly would.
Unfortunately I can not dump floppies all together because thats what my Roland uses.
I also think that BadCopy Pro is a "must have" tool.

Back