how to remove doubled vocal playback with Delta 44

kristian

I don't know what is going on with this but i seem to be having my delta 44 monitor both the input directly of input 1 and the combined master feed from vegas 4. I am doing overdubs on songs i've recorded on my ADATs so I haven't used the Delta for tracking just for playback. I have tried switching from monitor mixer to waveout 1/2 but it isn't helping. I have panned the input 1 centre and left and the doubling follows that. so i am under the impression that it is coming from both being monitored. I guess it is best to montor only the live input. any ideas?

I am putting vocals and some acoustic guitar over my existing tracks. So I keep getting the metallic voice sound of when you have a really small delay. It is making it a little hard to track :( while singing. Makes all of the notes last a little too long.

Both, I have my MOTU 2408 and Delta 44 coming into channels on my mackie, since different applications use different cards. then i have those send to the master and 3/4 busses. 3/4 is the headphone feed and master is for the monitors. since i go into my loset to sing and turn down the master fader i only hear this when i am on the headphones. i tried sendin the recorded vocals to a new bus that is routed to outputs 3/4 on the delta which dont have cables coming out so i thought that would prevent me from monitoring what is being played. but this doesn't help. i assume that means it is doing something at the input area, but it records fine so there is nothing wron with what is being put to disk.

Have you tried pulling down the H/W In 1/2 levels in the Monitor Mixer? That should allow you to hear only what's already recorded

Back