How to record electric guitars

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's some stuff on dweezilzappaworld.com that shows how piles of amps have shrunk to a couple of processors, DI'd to the PA system - I know it's not recording, but it shows not everyone follows the 'rule'.

Yeh, it really has made the life of the recording and gigging musician a whole lot easier. Here is Dweezil recently with his minimal currant set up rocking out... Totly simplistic........:thumbs up:

xlarge.jpg

Sorry - I thought I WAS talking about recording them - nobody mentioned studio? Stage recording works for me. Rami - I can deal with one idiot, but two really pushes the realms of believability - I guess you are Stan, to Greg's Oliver. Ok - time for me to move on and wait for the next stupid post by one of you, blowing your own trumpets as usual. R

Your neck is not upside down, n00b. And his is 22 fret with a 70s headstock, n00b.

I like yours better though. Except for the shred rails pickup.

Sorry - I thought I WAS talking about recording them - nobody mentioned studio? Stage recording works for me. Rami - I can deal with one idiot, but two really pushes the realms of believability - I guess you are Stan, to Greg's Oliver. Ok - time for me to move on and wait for the next stupid post by one of you, blowing your own trumpets as usual. R
That's Rob. Every time you've had your own non-sense shoved down your throat, you've totally avoided the subject and resorted to playing "You guys are mean". No, you are a compete idiot who keeps changing his stance because he knows he's made a complete jackass of himself. Keep changing your story, you baffoon. It's quite obvious that EVERYONE in this thread, not just me and Greg, see what a moron you are and how deep your own foot has been inserted down your throat. You're a comedy act. I'd rather be Stan or Ollie than Inspector Clouseau. Nothing funnier than arrogance and ignorance coming from the same idiot. :D

---------- Update ----------

You've had to do it your whole life, you fraud hypocrite. Go ahead, follow me around. I'll rip your dumb ass again and again. Someone has to keep the stupid in check in here. I'm gonna be watching you. Get your shit together.

Pick any random thread he has posted in. He's constantly making a jackass of himself.

Wow - a real threat. Ever held up a mirror, there's a much bigger problem in there! Boots, trembling, ..... as if. dish it out, but can't take it - now I've worked it out - I wouldn't dream of following you around, and to be honest, I didn't even remember your name, until you turned on the crap, then it came back to me. Sorry, but I'd not wasted my time bothering to notice you.

Wow - a real threat. Ever held up a mirror, there's a much bigger problem in there! Boots, trembling, ..... as if. dish it out, but can't take it - now I've worked it out - I wouldn't dream of following you around, and to be honest, I didn't even remember your name, until you turned on the crap, then it came back to me. Sorry, but I'd not wasted my time bothering to notice you.

Lol. You're just repeating what I just said. Not only are you ignorant and a hack and a total hypocrite, you're an unoriginal mindless copycat to boot.

Your neck is not upside down, n00b. And his is 22 fret with a 70s headstock, n00b.

I like yours better though. Except for the shred rails pickup.

I remember I bought that guitar after I'd been playing for a year. I thought it looked so cool.
I didn't know anything about necks or wood or single coils vs. humbuckers...
I just wanted MOAR GAIN! so I bought that shitty ass pickup. It's such a joke. You cannot make it play a clean tone, it just distorts everything and it's really harsh. Neck and bridge are still really nice though.
I can't for the life of me explain why I bought that guitar when I was into Metallica. :drunk:

I've been wanting to put back in a normal single coil for years but I never got around to it ever since I got my LP. Just plain stopped caring about the Strat.
I'm on vacation now and I dug it out of my friend's basement. I'm going to head out to the big guitar store in Vienna with a friend and get a new bridge pickup since the guy's that replaced it back then lost the one they took out :spank:

ya' know ..... ultimately it's all about backing up what you say. Greg can post a TON of very well recorded, and great sounding, guitar tracks.

I personally am not blind to the potential of modelers but most of the time they don't fulfill that promise.
Let's hear your stuff rob ..... Until then who has any idea if you know anything or not?

And if you come back with "I'm not gonna dignify" etc. then everyone will know that really means you've got nothin'.

Lastly ..... if you've got some good sounding guitars using digital only I'm bettin' greg will be the first to say they sound good.

ya' know ..... ultimately it's all about backing up what you say. Greg can post a TON of very well recorded, and great sounding, guitar tracks.

I personally am not blind to the potential of modelers but most of the time they don't fulfill that promise.
Let's hear your stuff rob ..... Until then who has any idea if you know anything or not?

And if you come back with "I'm not gonna dignify" etc. then everyone will know that really means you've got nothin'.

Lastly ..... if you've got some good sounding guitars using digital only I'm bettin' greg will be the first to say they sound good.
That makes way too much sense. :D

That's true. I'm not really a hater. I'm just not an enabler.

When I say "how to record electric guitars" I'm not gonna say "plug into a sim". That would be fucking weak. I encourage people to do things the real way. I encourage people to RECORD. There's no fucking art or skill in using sims. I understand their place in the modest home studio, I really do, but goddamn, if you can use amps, fucking use amps. That's why they exist - to make a glorious noise. There is no substitute for a speaker moving air. We all know this. It's no fucking secret. To deny it is just posturing and arguing just to argue. All of these tech gizmos are trying to capture that magic with software and computer chips. And I freely admit that they're close, but they aint there yet. If I had to use sims, I'd have to use sims. I'd rock the fuck out of those things. But to choose a sim over the real thing when you don't have to is backwards, lazy, and frankly, just pretty plain stupid in my opinion.

And I'm pretty sure it was obvious to all but one clueless dumbfuck that my initial post was intentionally blunt and tongue-in-cheek. No one cared but one butthurt retard. He took offense because I can only guess that he can't record good guitar tracks and I obliterated his only method of operation. For that, I do not apologize. Maybe deep down he knows he needs to step his fucking game up.

well, I wouldn't normally, but this won't be quite up to Greg's standard, but I bet it's close.

I normally don't gloat when it comes my shit vs someone else's. I seriously do not view this as a competition. I try to help people when I can. I really do. But you made this bed, now you gotta lie in it. I throw away better shit than that. Again, step your motherfucking game way up, son.

I think the main point is to listen to the guitar track ..... it's not easy since it's not soloed but from what I hear there's some of that fizz I associate with ( and don't like about ) digital.

I know it's possible to do digital where that's not there but this has it.
BTW ... I like that feedback'd note about halfway in.

look .... greg's original post was mostly joking ...... you shouldn't have taken such offense ...... but this git track is murky and fizzy to my ears.
Just my initial reaction to it ...... sorry.

But the rest of ya'll ..... he manned up and posted a track.
You gotta him credit for that at least ....... he's not a wuss and should get props for it.

(there I go tilting at windmills again)

I'll give him credit for posting a track, even though he sort of had no choice. His credibility was pretty much shot anyway. Not posting a track would have totally killed it. So yeah, he posted a (albeit mediocre sounding) track that simply re-enforces Greg's point. Woohoo! Props and all that shit.

I've actually heard way better sounding sim tracks than that. So, I don't know how impressed I'm supposed to be just because he posted a track. But he posted a track. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back