How to properly track out beats

brothathatcares

Let me start by saying that I've just got started tracking out beats for my customers... I'm using Pro Tools LE and the Roland Juno G-

I usually record 16 bars (the beat would start on 1/01/000 and end at 17/01/000- in the bars:beats display), and then copy and paste to extend the beat, but I noticed that I keep hearing a weird clip/popping noise at the beginning of the first measure.... This only happens with my kick drums and sometimes the bass line...

The only solution that I've found was to record the kick drum and the bass line for about 8-10 minutes (just to be sure that I have enough time), but this is very tedious and time consuming...

I'm sure this topic has been discussed several times before, but I've searched and couldn't find it.... can someone help me?

Oh, c'mon somebody!!!! 36 views and no replies??? y'all can do better than that!!!!

If you are unfamiliar with the Juno-G, it is just like the Fantom X, but without the color screen- It is not to be confused with the Juno-D, which is just a synthesizer without a sequencer....

I hope that helped a little... maybe???

If you don't feel like replying, can you at least send me a link to the answer???.... maybe???

Let me start by saying that I've just got started tracking out beats for my customers... I'm using Pro Tools LE and the Roland Juno G-

I usually record 16 bars (the beat would start on 1/01/000 and end at 17/01/000- in the bars:beats display), and then copy and paste to extend the beat, but I noticed that I keep hearing a weird clip/popping noise at the beginning of the first measure.... This only happens with my kick drums and sometimes the bass line...

The only solution that I've found was to record the kick drum and the bass line for about 8-10 minutes (just to be sure that I have enough time), but this is very tedious and time consuming...

I'm sure this topic has been discussed several times before, but I've searched and couldn't find it.... can someone help me?

Sounds like buffer settings... if you have the option, enable read/write caching, you might need to turn that off also. what edit mode r u in?

Pops like that occur when the end or beginning of a waveform is cut off. This is common when copying and pasting loops...especially with sustained instruments or anything with a trail.

Perform a crossfade between each copy/pasted waveform. That should eliminate that problem...

Pops like that occur when the end or beginning of a waveform is cut off. This is common when copying and pasting loops...especially with sustained instruments or anything with a trail.

Perform a crossfade between each copy/pasted waveform. That should eliminate that problem...

Thanks man, I tried it and it worked... I appreciate it

What part of tx you moving to?

I can't believe y'all are using my post to converse with one another!!! lol--- y'all supposed to be helpin me out here!!!! ---

Naw, y'all good--- :)

try using a little fade on the front of the clip this will eliminate the pop. A cross fade might do it. I had this happen when i used a raw sample once and it cleared it right up.

Demi

i used to get that pop all the time and the reason i found out it was doing it was because i was recording the beat with reverb or something was off beat therefore it was cutting off the wave. what you need to do is go on the upper left corner and clip SLIP then zoom in alot then mess with the wave until you see that its not cut off.

FYI there are 3 methods of error correcting; Interleaving & dropping the last bit are the main ones. Sometimes when you sample, that last bit dropped or first, whichever way you look at it, makes that pop.

What days & times can you make it? I tend to book weekends, Fridays through Sundays, both sat & sun usually morning, but any time, fridays any time before the night night - time to party :cool:

Back