How to post large wav file?

gorbyrun

Mad Scientist
I need to be able to move songs from my studio over the internet. I have a client from New York who is in and out of town a lot. I have new mixes that I would like him to be able to download from his other studio. I can send it as an Mp3 already, but mailbox size prevents sending a wav mix.
I have 333Mb of web space and tried to upload the wav onto the server. My plan was to have him download it straight from the server's file manager, thereby not actually posting it on a web page, but more securely within the password protection of my website control panel. I can upload smaller waves, but cannot get this one to go. (I have a pretty good cable modem). It seems to timeout or something. Any ideas on how to move this file would be appreciated.

Try a file splitter like File Fission.

But on cable, even 300MB should go- eventually!
are you running anything else that might convince your system that the modem had locked up? Also- Did it lock up on your end or their end?

Maybe your space is full and the file won't fit!

Check your directory (s)

I don't think it's my end. I tried sending it from two different computers. I just sent an e-mail to my web hosting people. Thank you for your quick reply. I have plenty of space left (I'm using 6 or 333 MB).
I've tried uploading it into three different directories.

I heard of a program called chainsaw,which does the same as what the Dr. mentioned.OR meet him on AIM and upload it thru the IM window,no file too large.Just direct connect and send whatever.

Got a reply from my host. Their file manager does not allow files over 2MB to be uploaded. Thanks for the replies.

Back