How to move chorus in cool edit pro

havent used it in a while got audition..but it should be like a hand selector up in the menu bar..that is to grab and move the files over right or left, up or down on tracks...

then you can select the arrow selector...that about as simple as i can explan it without lookin at it dean on..

can you elaborate? "move chorus"?? physically move it, with no exact destination? or like "how do you move it to line it up with the beat?"

need more info

What is probably happening is that he's on an edit mode like shuffle or snap. Or by moving it, the sound snaps to every 1ms or 1 second. Change it to samples, and then use a nudge key to move it down to the smallest increment

what i normally do for my chorus is I mix down the acapella version the way i want it thru out the song then ill go ahead and mixdown only the tracks of the chorus with out the beat and save that ........ then i go back and line up where it should be thru out the song and just import the wav file that way........

this probly sounds confusing but it makes perfect sence to me lol

Fyre said:
what i normally do for my chorus is I mix down the acapella version the way i want it thru out the song then ill go ahead and mixdown only the tracks of the chorus with out the beat and save that ........ then i go back and line up where it should be thru out the song and just import the wav file that way........

this probly sounds confusing but it makes perfect sence to me lol
It makes sense. I used to do it that way as well. Now, I just import every part of the chorus on each chorus, so I can control all aspects of it. In case I want to add an effect, etc...

yep. i usually record the hook once. how ever many tracks that takes (2, 4? main, adlibs, doubles, etc) and then find out EXACTLY where it is in association with the beat. ex: zoom in and find out that it's 0:00.04 to the left of a kick drum. then i'll line it up 0:00.04 to the left of the kick drum after the 2nd verse, etc. then, since i made sure all parts of the hook were started at the same recording point, i just line them all up and i'm done. takes me 10 minutes max, i've done it so much.

Back