How to live stream without picking up Guitar sound?

Roltancc

Hi Peeps,

I'm a live streaming musician who sings and plays acoustic guitar simultaneously. However, I'm facing an issue with my current setup. I use a vocal processor along with a dynamic microphone (Shure SM58). The problem arises when the microphone picks up the acoustic guitar sound, causing distortion. Interestingly, I don't encounter this issue when using an electric guitar.

My setup involves plugging the guitar into an interface and the microphone into the vocal processor before connecting them both to the interface. Finally, I route the output to my smartphone for live streaming.

I'm seeking suggestions on how to prevent the microphone from picking up the acoustic guitar sound and causing distortion while still using my vocal processor and maintaining a quality live stream. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Two things might help. First get as close to the vocal mic as possible. That will maximize the difference between the voice and the bleed. Second, use a mic with a tighter pattern, like a supercardioid. An example of that would be a Beta58.

[Edit] Be sure to exploit the polar pattern as much as possible.

Last edited:
HI Thank you guys fir the reply, I think like your suggestion here a supercardioid mic might help. Any suggestion for which mic model is good?

Along the the Beta 58 and SM87 - there is also a Audio-Technica ATM650 - an Audio-Technica MB 3k - a Audix OM5 or an Audix OM7 - hypercardiod microphones will help with any bleed you may be getting - although I think there is something else wonky with your system - how are you Micing up the acoustic? How are you mxing the two?
Can you post a clip of the file - when the distortion is present?

Back