How to Instal free Techivation de-esser

BriamJH

Another newbie question. I have downloaded the Techivation zip file. I double clicked and got the T-de-esser Installer. I double clicked and followed the guidelines and extracted the files which I saved to my C:/Program files/Common Files/VST3/ folder where the file now seem to reside. I have also rescanned in Reaper. However, when I try to access the Techivation app, it does not show in my list of apps. What am I doing wrong. Many thanks, Brian

I haven't downloaded/installed this one, I'm just jumping in hoping to get lucky with suggestions.

I would look for it's .dll file - see what folder that was installed in. Many times I have to hunt that one down and move it to the Steinberg VSTPlugins folder for it to work (I'm assuming you'll have a Steinberg VSTPlugins folder because I have one). I have no idea why most of mine won't work in other VST folders (where other VSTs work perfectly well).

Here's some screenshots of the Windows install process. Are these file locations looking like yours?

tde install windows.jpg

Very many thanks. I have downloaded Techivation Plus. It loaded OK and I can now use it in Reaper. Really appreciate your fast response. Brian

Back