How to improve my recorded voice for an audiobook with background music

cydmm

Hi Guys,

I signed up to this wonderful Forum and I really hope you will help me improving the sound of my recorded voice, aimed to audiobook reading.
Just consider that I will mix the voice with a background music that should someway fade in and out accordingly to the speech volume....some sort of ducking through sidechain but non really like that....

Anyway, the reason I am posting this is that my recorded voice seems to me too "bassy", muddy and I am not able to let it have less rumble sound and be more crisp, more leading and present....and before mixing with the background music I would like to edit my voice.

What would you suggest me to do in order to sensibly improve the sound of my recorded voice?
i am using a Samson Meteor Mic and I use Adobe Audition CC for editing.

I am enclosing a very short clip of my voice.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you will give me.

Mark

Attachments

• Test.mp3
    751.8 KB · Views: 18
Sounds good to me actually. But maybe you're hearing a bit of proximity effect? Might also try a gentle roll-off below like 500, see how you feel about it.

Sounds good to me actually. But maybe you're hearing a bit of proximity effect? Might also try a gentle roll-off below like 500, see how you feel about it.

Hi Easlern,

corry but I am quite a newbie with audio editing....what do you exactly mean by "roll-off below 500" ...a gentle hi-pass filter with a very smooth curve below 500 Hz?

Yup just some eq to bring down the low end. Just like you said, not technically a high pass though, just eq.

Back