How to hook up

ohwes85

i hope someone can help me, i have a yamaha kx8 midi keyboard that came with cubase ai4, i have a tascam us144 audio interface, a behringer 2024 dsp effects processor, and a crate 8 channel mixer. How do i connect all the units to run my guitars and mics thru the mixer thru the processor and still controll the sounds of the software thru the keyboard and be able to record. i hope i typed all this correctly any help will be really appreciated. thanks

i hope someone can help me, i have a yamaha kx8 midi keyboard that came with cubase ai4, i have a tascam us144 audio interface, a behringer 2024 dsp effects processor, and a crate 8 channel mixer. How do i connect all the units to run my guitars and mics thru the mixer thru the processor and still controll the sounds of the software thru the keyboard and be able to record. i hope i typed all this correctly any help will be really appreciated. thanks

Guitar>Effects processor>mixer>audio interface

Probably you need to put a DI or a stompbox after the guitar because of the low impendance of the effects unit.
Keyboard midi out to Tascam midi in

Where you use the mic for?
Controlling the sound of the software triggered by midi through the keyboard you can do, to assign one of your knobs on the keyboard to volume in Cubase.
To me a bit overkill, because you can just use your mouse.

Cheers
Wim

Back