How to create a guitar tuner...html?

poopchute

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes anyways...
I have started my own website that focuses on promoting my recording business. Well after I got a little board with that I decided to expand and add some stuff that I think a regular musician might like and come back for...
One of those things are what is called an "online guitar tuner". We've all seen them. I know alot of sites have them...But...
I want to create my own. I dont just want to steal someones. Is there a place that gives tutorials on how to design them? It seems to me that they're mostly made by html. And I do know just enough about dreamweaver to get around but am by no means good at it.
I guess the part Im not understanding is all the files and html it takes to call up a sound file for a particular string and stuff like that...
Can anyone help me out?

webmonkey.com is a good source for all web programming needs. If they dont have it than I suggest looking at a websites html code and stealing it:) but atleast alter the graphics or something to make it your own.

I have tried to take a look at other peoples code but what gets me is with reference to a piano chord finder...There must be more than html code. I mean it must be performing a calculation...
I dont know how to express that as html...

I looked some of them up online and most of the are built using FLASH. FLASH tutorials are also located on webmonkey.com . Theres other ways I'm sure but theres not an easy way out.

Back