How to connect this mixer to PC

kbkasey

So I'm going to buy this: www amazon.co.uk /Behringer-802-Input-Bus-Mixer/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

And I was wondering what adapters I need to transfer the audio to the PC. Also, is there another mixer/ or interface you suggest for £50 from Amazon, I can't use eBay.
Thanks.

Ah cool.
Man, you should look into USB mics.

Some are more than adequate for voice work and the price can be right. ;)
There's usually no need for a mixer for that kind of thing.

If you already own a mic with XLR connection, you could get a used Tascam US122 USB audio interface on amazon for £40-50

cable.jpg
SIMPLE
I attach a 1/8 inch stereo male...on the other end I use red/white phono jacks and plug in to the CD/tape channel on my behringer 1222 ...you probably have the inputs...

25 ft 1/8 inch jack...male on one end plugs into computer...female on the other end (I use 25 ft so I can set your computer anywhere)

That'll be unbalanced so you'll be susceptible to all sorts of noise.

If that doesn't bother you, get the cable.
If it does, you may be better with a dedicated interface, or USB mic.

I really do not want to go with the USB mics, mainly because i'm dedicated to getting the procaster, and the podcaster USB costs more, which I Could buy the mixer/ or audio interface. So, can you suggest any amazon dedicated interface's for around £40?

There really should be no problem with the Tape/CD outs on the Behringer. I know they get some stick but they do provide sensibly low impedance outputs and at line level, so no noise issues.

I am with all here about an AI for music or even high quality voice over work but for Skypey/podifying the quality limit is in the medium so it is simpler I feel to just go with the computer's internal soundcard.

Dave.

Oh, sorry I miss-read,

Heh, no worries.
ECC is right. The little preamps probably get an unnecessarily bad rep, but that's not what I'm worried about.
If your the unlucky guy that ends up with hums and buzzes and you're committed to unbalanced inputs, you're kinda stuck.

Back