How to connect a VOX TONELAB ST and AUDACITY?

javierf55

Hi all, I'm trying to make a direct USB connection between my VOX Tonelab ST and Audacity just to record some pacticing sessions. I have installed the Asio driver but I have not been able to make it work.

Can someone put some light on how to make it happen?

The manual is really poor in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Does Audacity recognize the Vox? There should be an app within Audacity that allows you to choose the soundcard and drivers. If the Vox isn't showing as an option you need to delete the Vox from the computer and install the drivers again.

If it does recognize the Vox, open a new audio track and select the Vox as the input. Set levels in the Vox and take it from there.

Thanks for the answer; I'm new with Audacity and I didn't see the option to choose the microphone in the front panel. It took me some time to set the proper volume as it inputs so hard. Then I had to put the volume of the track almost to the minimum.

Great advise; thanks.

Hi, I've done the connections and now I'm able to see the tonelab connected to the Audacity. However, everytime I try to record, the quality is very poor; I have tryied lowering the volume of the vox, lowering the volume at audacity but still I'm getting terrible sound quality. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back