How to connect 2 pairs of monitors?

Cartwright

Hi Everyone
Here's a list of my gear.
1) Roland TD-8 V-Drums.
2) M-Audio Omni Studio w/ Delta 66
3) Mackie 1202 VLZ pro (not being used at the moment)
4) 1 pair of M-Audio BX5 monitors
5) 1 pair of M-Audio BX8 monitors

I'm playing electric guitar and my buddy is on the V-Drums. We both want our own dedicated pairs of monitors for playing / recording. Currently we're both going direct in through the OmniStudio, sharing the one pair of monitors, using the Omni Studio monitor outs. What would be the best way to integrate the other set of monitors? We want to be able to monitor both drums and guitar, through both sets. I'm thinking I'll be needing the Mackie mixer for this, but not quite sure. :confused: Thanks in advance for any advice, Cartwright

Yeah, you should be able to use the Mackie. Connect your Omni Studio outputs to a pair of inputs on the Mackie. Send the main outs from the Mackie to one set of monitors and use the monitor outs or other available outputs to the second set.

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to do this without going through the Mackies preamp section, since my signals are already being preamped through the OmniStudio? I read somewhere that it's not good to plug a preamped signal into another preamp. Thanks again

Back