How to Cascade (2) Tascam 308B's?

studiodrum

So, I was reading a recent post where Ghost talked about cascading two 312B's to make a full 24 Channel board. . .and I was wondering if someone can explain in more detail, exactly how cascading two M312's work, and what are the practical advantages. . . :confused:

I read a little about cascading in the manual, but the manual doesn't go into much practical explanations.. .

So, what happens when you connect them. Does one mixer become the (Master) mixer, and how does this change the controls, and your routing options, . . and can you remove the RIGHT and LEFT side of the wood panels to attach them?

Anyway, if someone wants to help fill in the gaps for me, . ..that would be great! Cause, it sounds like a great idea . .

The basic advantage is that you end up with a 24 channel mixer that behaves pretty much just like having one single console.

All of the recording busses as well as the aux and effect busses can be joined together including the solo buss so that you can isolate any one or group of channels while the rest of the board mutes.

The mixer that's receiving the feeds from the other one will become the master by the fact that it will have the final effect on level changes so things like the aux, effect and recording buss master levels on the first board stay at the unity gain settings and the receiving board becomes the master.

The wood side panels simply unscrew so that you can butt them up together to give a better cosmetic effect to the two of them becoming a singular unit but they don't actually connect physically; they just sit tightly beside each other on a sturdy table or stand.

It's also a really nice advantage for transporting them as they're much easier to haul and pack as separate units. This is something I truly liked when I moved a couple of years ago.

Cheers! :)

Back