How to capture video and sync with audio

creation25

Hi, I'm using camtasia and I can't seem to fix an ugly problem I'm encountering. I record camtasia, screen capture, play with midi inside of Cubase, but after I render the project into wav.. some of the audio seems to disappeared. The video captures everything fine, but the sound is not in the rendered audio.

Basically I'm using the saffire driver inside of Cubase. Camtasia does not allow me to use my saffire driver, so I'm stuck with the internal motherboard driver. But that's alright because I'll be syncing with the render audio afterward, but that ugly problem pops up. Does anybody know how to fix this? It's annoying.

While the screen is capturing inside of Cubase, I can play around with midi, whatever. But it won't be in the render audio, why???

What's in the audio is what I record only. Not what I mess around with the keys and all that etc... I need that!!! I need all this!! I guess I have to record all this too?

Last edited:
I guess I can't screen capture it with asio driver. I had to do it with the internal mobo sound card. Does anybody know a workaround this?

I think you need to tell Camtasia what audio drivers to use. It is quite likely it is trying to record from your motherboard sound driver, while cubase is using your Asio driver. If you cant specify what to use in Camtasia, try disabling all the sound drivers except for your Asio one in the control panel. Maybe that will force the software to use it.

Camtasia only sees the internal sound card. There is no way around this. The asio low latency and the duplex driver both does work but they're shitty and gives me latency problem.

Back