How to bounce tracks?

rito25

Ok, I have Tascam 38 and Ramsa WRS 4424 mixing board. I have material on tracks 1 and 3 that I want to bounce to track 5. Track 5 is hooked up to the aux 2 out on the subchannels. I send the two channels to aux 2. I'll hear like a track either super distorted or hear them with feed back? Do I need to use the XLR outs on the submix channels? I used the AUX outs as it was all I had cabling for. The aux out run through a compressor before reaching the 8 track. Do I need to connect the compressor to the aux out/ins then use like an xlr to rca cable to run the tascam? Or is my process for mixdown wrong?

Why are you using the Aux outs?
Doesn't that board have Group outs and assignment options per channel?

I don't think your question/problem is about "bouncing tracks".
You just need to sort out your mixer's routing.

the most simple way to figure out how to bounce tracks is to consider that you are essentially just mixing. so, mix however you normally would from that board, but only bring up the tracks you want to bounce (mix), and send your main output (in mono) to the input of the track you want to mix to.

the distortion or feedback could be happening because you might have the fader for track 5 up (if this is the case, you're feeding the signal into itself in an endless loop). You'll need to make sure all of the faders are down for all tracks except the ones you're bouncing from.

there are many other ways to bounce tracks, but that's most straightforward. When you start getting into bussing and panning, you need to know your mixer pretty well.

Why are you using the Aux outs?
Doesn't that board have Group outs and assignment options per channel?

I don't think your question/problem is about "bouncing tracks".
You just need to sort out your mixer's routing.

Because the group outs are XLR only. I don't have any XLR to RCA cables. I might be able to borrow like 4 XLR cables from friends and hook those up to the compressor and then use 1/4 in to RCA outs to feed the tape deck. Using the AUX outs was merely a way to get the sound on tape.

I might try the LR out and manually patch it. That has the RCA out and XLR out.

Back