how to ask for help

gullyjewelz

yo . .here we go . .
found out that a co-worker of mine . . is kind of "tight" with a local em cee who is signed to a major record label . . .

the co-worker always seems cool like that . . and im thinkin whether i should holla at this person like . . "can you get me a shot" with dude?
im, quite frankly, willing to draft up a contract for the co-worker to agree to give a percentage of . . say . .whatever monetary possibilities that come out of any actions brought about by their assistance . . .

good idea or bad?

What's up Gully?

Yeah, it's been a minute......

I think it would be cool if you can just spark up the conversation as what it is. Does dude know you do the music thing? If so, let him know you have an interest in collabing with his homie, maybe you can get an invite to a studio session. I've had opportunities like that before, from a vocal standpoint. I did vocal coaching for a new indy low budget label, but I got to meet connected cats by simply being in sessions. My Son has now reaped those benefits, as he has a full scholarship to a Music School, and he travels around the nation regularly for shows, sessions, and other promos... His connections are worldwide because of the networking business as it pertains to knowing cats from school. So basically, if you can establish a good local connect, you're serious about your grind, and you got heat to back it up, you MUST take advantage of that!

~Uno

i feel u . im workin on it. so crazy shook that im a say the wrong thing im goin slow as phuck. lol. esp. since my co workers r crazy. they in ya grill on one day hunky dory n the next they snitchin on u for bullshit. lol. but it iz what it iz. im tryin to holla about the whole ting OUTSIDE of work!!!

Don't make a big deal about it. Your co-worker doesn't deserve any percentage or "finder's fee" for passing your name along to a friend.

Like Trumpspade said, if your co-worker knows you're into music, just bring it up casually. Just remember, there's nothing to gain from letting an opportunity pass you by, worst case scenario the co-worker says no or his friend isn't interested in outside people right now.

Back