How to add reverb in my monitors

mbernardo

How do I add Reverb in my headphone monitor through Cool Edit, yet only have the raw vocals recorded? Has anyone done this?

You cant add effects "live" as your recording. but you can reverb individual tracks you have already recorded for play back using the effects rack on the channel make sure to lock them tough or it may skip. use the lock button on the track. you may be able to get some software to add live reverb to your input but I haven't heard of any.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the reply everyone. The only reason why I wanted to add reverb to the monitors/headphones was to inspire the singer during recording. I'm not looking for an expensive reverb outboard since none of the reverbed audio will end up in recording anyway. Thanks again.

You could put something like Quickverb on the tracks in Multitrack just for the recording session with the vocalist, and then take it off again afterwards. No damage done, no sweat.

Or you could do a mixdown of the whole session and then export just that stereo track to a new session in Multitrack. Then add any reverb you like and use it for recording the singer. Then export the singer's tracks back to the original multitrack session.

Try use creative eax software

I have a cheap creative SB Live! sound card. The software that came with it has various EQ's and Envioronments Including some nice eax reverb presets which can be turned on and anything that comes outta your computer will have these effects. I don't know if these will be recorded tough.I have not tried ,Maybe You can find something simular for your soundcard. Try stick your singer in A toilet for some natural reverb!

Back