how often does YOUR ram go bad?

this post is pretty old...haha.
just to update everyone incase they are interested:
after my last post, I replaced yet another stick of ram, and it's been running good for 2 years now. The other day, I've had the compute rnot start up right - instead the AMD voice saying "bad CPU speed selected" or something like that (i can't really remember). Anyway, I set the CPU speed to it's lowest setting in BIOS, and it's been running fine again. I just need to make this thing last until I get the new comp, which should be very soon. haha.

About 80 of my current computer is either second hand or has been used by myself in different systems for at least a couple of years. It has yet to fail once over the course of about 5 years :)

Working for a custom computer company I see tons of bad ram. I would say in the neighborhood of 5% of what comes in is bad. The newer DDR2 stuff seems to be really suseptable to it. Much of it is samsung, but in the other cases it seems to be stable. It does seem like though that failure is usually in the innitial stages, so once it is in, it seems less common for the ram to go bad. Asus boards I tihnk go both ways. We are having lots of issues with the M2 stuff, and no luck at all with the core2 boards. Thier other boards have been pretty great though.

Back