How much RAM are you using, 2006

What amount of RAM are you using these days?

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • 1g

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • 1.5g

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • 2g

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • more

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

VSpaceBoy

..loading
as a tradition, I think we should have an accurate/ current consensus. What is the workhorse getting the job done these days.

i have 2 gigs. im in the works to get 4 gigs some time this year. that way I wont have to use that "direct from disk" thing a ma jig. I found that even though programs like DFH that use direct from disk use less ram it still runs smother and better when its loaded to memory. if I load it to memory it take up like 1.2 gigs of ram. then I get a low memory popup.

Kiauma said:
I have 4 GB. :D

Smile away.. but you've wasted money :D

WindowsXp can only see a total of 4Gb including page files and swap files... sooo im willing ot bet it only registers that you have ~ 3.2Gigs...

smileypaul said:

WindowsXp can only see a total of 4Gb including page files and swap files... sooo im willing ot bet it only registers that you have ~ 3.2Gigs...

My machine at work has 4Gig and it only shows 3.5Gig. at home I run 1Gig and dont see any reason to upgrade.

2 Gigs here and I still bottleneck my resources every now and again, depending on the plugin count. Which isn't many these days, some plugs are just resource hogs!

I have experimented with the page file and I can report that it can NOT be eliminated, at least in Win2K. It does NOT like it at all - so I just let it run what it likes, slip in max RAM, run OS on it's own disk, and hope for the best.

It seems happy that way, and if it's happy, I'm happy. :)

Only 256 at present - old comp running cakewalk pro audio so I can get away with this pretty easily though the number of FX is limited & when I trialled BBE maximizer it laughed & said not enough memory so the trial wasn't really a trial.

I have 4 gigs of Corsair. While it is true that most apps cannot use over 2g of ram and that windows only "recognizes" a certain amount...more ram contributes to system stability overall.

smileypaul said:

Back