How much memory does Reaper take up?

CaptGoldenEars

I would like to download this into my computer but before i do i would like to know how it will affect everything else if at all. I have a basic home computer that everyone else in the house just uses for games, itunes and facebook. Thanks in advance.

I think it says right at the site exactly how much it takes up. What I can remember it saying though is it's no bigger than down loading a web page .... it is very small.

Its uses very little of my 3GB like 90mb or there about for a 15 track 3 1/2 min song it's very good on memory.

Muzza

thank you. i guess i could do better research but it's fun to ask questions here. I'm new to using computer anything for recording and mixing. I prefer my stand alone stuff but i can only do so much with it. I need get into this because i hear what some of my friends are doing on computers and i figure i can start here. so thanks.

Hey no problem Capt.
It can be a little quite all by yourself and this board is for talking back and forth to same minded folks.

Reaper would never be accused of being bloatware.

The download is only about 5meg.

I just loaded a Reaper project with 26 tracks, and let it run while monitoring Reaper's performance meter.

Ram use was sitting on just under 400mb.

CPU use was about 5% (Intel i7, 2.8 GHz), of which about 2% was being used by 10 plug-ins.

Back